The impact of Covid-19 has no doubt affected the sustainability of the tourism sector globally. As destinations seek to recover from this effect, a renewed focus on health, safety and sanitation would be key to slowing the spread of the virus as well as instill confidence in the travel and tourism industry.
In this regard, the Tobago Tourism Agency Limited has developed a working document with practices and suggestions on moving the hospitality and tourism industry forward post Covid-19. Some of these sources of data include:
- Centre for Disease Control (CDC)
- Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA)
- World Travel and Tourism Council – WTTC Safe Travel Protocols
- World Health Organisation
- United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO)
- Peer-reviewed Journals
- Primary data sources such as consultations with stakeholders in Tobago representing the various subsectors of the industry.
This manual synthesises from the aforementioned sources and produces a holistic document which aims at serving as a guide to the Tobago tourism businesses and operators. It provides them with the most adequate measures that they can implement to reinforce destination safety and underline the trust of tourists, workers and residents.
IMPORTANT: Please note that while the "Tourism Industry Health and Safety Manual for Post Covid-19" takes into account current guidelines from health authorities, including the Ministry of Health Trinidad and Tobago and reputable international bodies, it is a living document subject to change as new information becomes available about COVID-19.
Download The Tourism Industry Health & Safety Manual